Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Pink Macaroon

Good Morning All
 
Today Cat is sharing her thoughts on the Pink Macaroon mix by Madame LouLou
 
Check out the Cake2Craft website to see our range of fabulous cake and dessert mixes.
 
 
Here are Cat's thoughts in her own words
 
Hello, I am sharing my experience with making macaroons from Madame Lou Lou.
I had tried to make macaroons a few times before but never got them quite right, either too gooey or too crumbly and dry, I put off trying this kit because I thought what will be different this time!
I wish I had tried it sooner, I split the mix into two lots after weighing out my eggs and mixing it all together. It took longer than on the package as I mix by hand since my stand mixer found a sorry end, but even then it was only about 4-5 minutes.
The first batch was only left to sit for about 30 minutes covered, they where not quite ready for going into the oven and ended up misshapen and a little too gooey at the end of the cooking process.
The second batch had been left for around an hour like instructed and they came out the oven lovely, just the right texture and very very tasty.
 
What is your experience of making Macaroons? Please share!
 
Thank you for visiting!
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I have the green packet waiting to be made up - maybe i should give them a whirl x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much easier than from scratch, let us know how you get on x

      Delete
    2. It was so much easier than from scratch, let us know how you get on x

      Delete
  2. Does one add the unwhipped egg whites to the powder and then mix in machine 3 to 4 minutes or do you have to pre-whit the whites before adding. Cant quite be sure from the packet instructions as it says add 80g egg whites to powder and whip 3/4 minutes.

    ReplyDelete